Saturday 19 August 2017

Learn Chess with Likhit Chilukuri

I met Likhit Chilukuri for the first time in March 2014 when we were playing in a tournament in a star hotel in Bhubaneswar. Well, at least this was the first time I physically met him. We had played a few blitz games before on Playchess, where the closest I ever came to winning was the very first game.


Likhit Chilukuri

I had a mate in one, and as I was delivering it, I blundered my queen with a mouse-slip.

But this was only a sign of things to come.

We had many conversations about life and career besides the usual chess-trash talk and insults. He was planning to give some law entrance exam, and for some reason, almost magically after some months, he decided not to attempt it. Ahem. I was stunned. Honest.

Around the last week of December 2014, I dropped a distress message to him, asking if he happens to know anyone who could share a flat with me in Bangalore. To my surprise, he asked me to stay over with him.

I vividly remember my first morning in Bangalore. I had reached the Majestic bus stand from Hyderabad and hired a rickshaw from there to Jayanagar. I later realized that I was blatantly scammed.

The six months following this were some of my best memories.

Bangalore days were fun -- chess, pranks (we once made a fake account and had a guy come to meet this fake person in McDonalds, Andheri, Mumbai!), Corner House ice creams, lots of delicious food, hilarious movies, more chess. I will certainly write about all this some time in the future.

But all that for some other day. In this blog post, I want to highlight the amazing chess ability of Likhit Chilukuri. See for yourself:





No comments:

Post a Comment